Real estate agents help people in the process of buying, selling or renting homes and other real estate properties. They are current with real estate laws, news and trends.
Real estate agents have multiple daily tasks, duties and responsibilities as their job.
Each day is different depending on the changing needs of buyers and sellers. But here are some typical activities in the daily life of a real estate agent.
On a typical day, most of an agent’s activities may be administrative. Administrative duties include tasks such as:
- Completing, submitting and filing real estate documents, agreements and lease records.
- Making appointments, showings, open houses and meetings.
- Making and distributing flyers, newsletters and other promotional materials.
- Creating budgets for monthly, quarterly and annual operations.
- Data entry.
- Creating marketing plans for listings.
- Handling, maintaining and managing client databases.
- Responding to emails and phone calls.
- Updating websites and social media profiles.
- Staying current and updated on real estate laws, news, trends and latest developments.
These few out of many administrative duties and responsibilities of a real estate agent can be very time consuming, which is why most agents hire an assistant to handle some of these day-to-day tasks. This allows the agent to balance his or her time more effectively and to be a more efficient and productive real estate agent.
Real estate agents balance their time between daily administrative duties and income-producing activities. This involves spending a lot of time at the real estate office (or a home office), meeting with clients, staging or showing homes and traveling.
Most agents have a longer list of daily duties and responsibilities that can change with little or no notice based on the buyers or sellers needs.
As a result, there may be no such thing as a typical day in the life of a real estate agent.